Friday, September 25, 2009

For I know the plans I have for you......

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Our God is an awesome God and He is so true to His word. Throughout my life I have continued to be amazed with God's plan for me and His timing . I truly believe that if you give your life to our precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, God will always comfort and provide even when you don't realize it. As I grow older and closer in my relationship with the Lord, I realize that He is working in my life every day. God sees the big picture when all we see is what's happening in the moment. However, God is guiding us daily so that He can reveal in His timing His fantastic plan for each of us! God never promised the journey would be easy, but He did promise to never leave our side!!!

For as long as I can remember, I have always been the single girl. You know, the one that went to college for eight years, has a great career, great church, great friends, and a new house all on her own, but the one that NEVER has a boyfriend. I used to get so frustrated with being single. I couldn't help but wonder when I would meet "the one" and walk down the aisle on my daddy's arm to wed prince charming. Weddings were happening for girls all around me, but not for me. I often prayed for God to lead me to my soulmate, but for years that prayer never seemed to be answered. Little, did I know that God was in the process of answering my prayer. He was preparing my soulmate and I for one another.

I met my fiance while at work last December. I clearly remember my friend telling me that he was perfect for me! I couldn't help but laugh because I have heard that statement so many times before and it never worked out. Nevertheless, I went on a date with this "frog" and he turned into my prince! I have always been told, you will meet the man of your dreams when you least expect it, and that proved to be true. I definitely was not looking for a man while at work and I was really frustrated with dating at that time. I was sure that dating someone was that last thing I needed. But, God had different plans and decided I needed to be with this guy! Later I would learn why...

On July 24th of this year, God took my sister, Amber, home to live in His kingdom. Words cannot describe what a devastating loss this has been for my parents and I. I lost my one and only sister. Amber was only 29 years old when she passed away. Her presence is sooooo greatly missed. However, God always knows what is best. He knew Amber's body was tired and weary and that she deserved to walk on the streets of gold in Heaven. He also knew that I would need support to get me through this tragedy. This is why I believe I met my prince charming earlier this year. God always provides. He answered my prayer for finding a spouse in His timing - when He knew I would need someone the most.

Now it is finally my turn to be that happy girl with a beautiful engagement ring on her finger planning a fairytale wedding!! God is so faithful!

My prayer is that anyone that reads the blog will realize that God is always with us and working in our favor even when we don't realize it! The Bible says He will never leave us or forsake us. God's timing is always perfect, yet we must be patient and continue to listen to Him and submit ourselves to His plan. Never stop praying!! Regardless of circumstances and how horrible life may seem at any given moment, we must always trust in the Lord and lean on Him. God is the ONLY answer! He is the truth, the light, and the way!!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Jennifer! You are so right God knows the plans he has for us. You are such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete