Saturday, September 26, 2009

Going to the Chapel

Who knew choosing a wedding date could be so complicated? I obviously was clueless. After getting engaged on August 16, I knew we needed to go ahead and choose a date. Being the cold-natured girl I am I insisted on choosing a warm month to get married. July seemed too far away, May has too many holidays (ie. Mother's day and Memorial Day), so that left June. I never wanted to be a June bride, but it seemed like the only option. Then, as any true Attalla bride would do, I checked with Benny Campbell of Attalla Florist to see if he was available. Benny is a fabulous florist and the only florist I would want for my wedding day. Benny was available on Saturday, June 12 so that had to be the date!! Whoo hoo! A date and florist!!!

The next order of business was to find a location to get married. I have lived in Birmingham for the past 10 years, so naturally I wanted to get married there. I have attended a fabulous church (Church of the Highlands) for the past 4 years. Unfortunately, my church does not have a chapel for weddings. What's a girl to do?! I began checking popular wedding venues all over the area and everything was already booked for June 12th. Crazy! I thought getting engaged in August and planning a June wedding was ample time to prepare!! I was obviously wrong! So once again, as any Attalla bride would do, I decided to bring the wedding back to the home roots! I have chosen to get married in the church that I was a member of while in high school. It is a very special place for me because my sister and I were baptized there together. I am certain I will feel her presence there during the wedding. So First Baptist Church of Attalla will be the fabulous setting for my fairytale wedding!! Whoo hoo!

The next drama was finding a place for the reception. Attalla isn't the largest town, so I knew this would be a tough one. But, as I always say, God provides! The Gadsden Country Club was available for my date so we quickly filled out the form and got my name on the calendar. You just can't hesitate when planning these events!! So thank goodness everything is finally settled! What a relief!

Here are the final details for the wedding:

June 12, 2010
6:00pm
First Baptist Church of Attalla
Reception following at the Gadsden Country Club

1 comment: