Thursday, October 1, 2009

Maids and Frogs

I have always thought it would be super cute to ask my friends to be my bridesmaids in some creative way.  It seemed so boring to just call the girls up and ask them to be in my wedding.  I only intend to get married one time so I had to do something fun and different.

While in Birmingham enjoying a mother-daughter day, my mom and I went to my most favorite bakery ever - Edgar's Bakery! If you've never been, you have to go and try the strawberry cake. It is the best thing you will EVER eat!!  I promise!! Yummy!  In addition to fabulous cakes, they also have adorable cupcakes and cookies.  My eyes landed on precious frog cookies and I immediately decided that the cookies had to be a part of my plan.  After all, I did kiss the frog that turned into my prince!!!



I also wanted to give the girls something on paper asking them to be a part of my special day.  My oh-so creative mommy decided we should use her scrapbooking supplies to make cutouts of cute bridesmaid dresses.  Then we printed out my poem (yes, I came up with the rhyme!) on each dress and decorated them with ribbons and flowers.  We used purple paper because purple is the color of the wedding. We had so much fun making each and every one. It was our very first "wedding activity!" So exciting!!



To tie everything together, mommy placed each frog in a cellophane bag and tied them with purple and green (the color of the reception!) ribbons.  So cute!!!  I hand delivered each frog and dress to all of my bridesmaids.  Fortunately, they all said yes!!!  I am so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life.  God is so good!



I can't wait until June 12, when I marry my frog with all of my maids by my side!!  In case you are wondering, I have ELEVEN bridesmaids and a junior bridesmaid.  Told you I was blessed!!!!!

Maid of Honor - Amber (my heavenly sister)
Matron of Honor - Allison (prince charming's SIL)
Bridesmaid - Caroline (sorority sister)
Bridesmaid - Cameron (sorority sister)
Bridesmaid- Audrey (co-worker)
Bridesmaid - Ashley (college friend)
Bridesmaid - Katie (college friend)
Bridesmaid - Lindsay (co-worker)
Bridesmaid - Amy (co-worker)
Bridesmaid - Lauren (cousin)
Bridesmaid - Mary Ann (cousin)
Junior Bridesmaid - Madeline (prince charming's sister)

2 comments:

  1. Too cute and so creative. You did a great job! You are so blessed to have such great family and friends. Oh, and don't forget Prince Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! Welcome to the blog world!! I'll add you to my blog roll on my blog www.frazzledanddistracted.blogspot.com
    Congratulations on the engagement!!

    ReplyDelete