Saturday, October 31, 2009

Something to Think About......

At 9:55 pm on October 28, 1992, I made the best decision of my life.  I gave my life to Christ!   That day I began living for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I simply couldn't imagine where I would be now if I hadn't asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins so many years ago.  I am so thankful that God sent His one and only son to die on the cross for my sins.  I am so unworthy, but so grateful.  What a gift!  Because of this incredibly generous gift I am absolutely, positively certain that I will be reunited with my sister one day in Heaven.  What a glorious day that will be!!

I got saved that night at a Judgment House in Gadsden, Alabama.  For those of you who don't know what a Judgment House is, it is a skit that is acted out that portrays how every decision we make today effects our future. In the skit, a tragedy usually occurs involving two people.  One person is a Christian and the other is not.  Both face judgment before God.  The Christian is granted eternity in Heaven and the non-believer is thrown into the gates of hell. During the skit you actually walk into a room that is designed as hell and a room that is Heaven.  What a powerful experience!  It is impossible not to recognize that Heaven, not Hell, is the place to live all of eternity!  All we have to do to get to Heaven is ask Jesus into our lives, ask Him to forgive us of our sins, and continue to build a relationship with our Lord.  It almost seems too good to be true, but it's not.  God is so good to us and loves us so much, he made it that easy!

This past Thursday night, prince charming and I attended a Judgment House at Union Grove Baptist Church in Jemison, Alabama.  He and I watched as 16 people in our group made the same decision I did 17 years ago and gave their lives to Christ!!  Incredible!  Judgment Houses are a wonderful, realistic portrayal of how quickly life can be taken away from us.  In the blink of an eye, our earthly life could be over and we will each face judgment before God.  Will he send you to Heaven to live in peace and happiness for all of eternity or will he send you to hell because you never asked his son to forgive you? I pray that we all meet in Heaven, but if you are a non-believer your eternity is definitely something to think about before it's too late.

Praying for you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! Yes you will be with Amber in Heaven one day as I will! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete