Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays because it is full of family traditions.  I have such happy memories from years past.  When my sister and I were little my mommy used to help us make a gingerbread house every year.  Year after year we constructed our little house and embellished it with brightly colored candies and  royal icing galore.  Candy placement and color decisions were oh so important.  Amber and I worked so hard on our gingerbread house and we always made a huge sticky mess to prove it!  I will treasure those memories for forever and always!

This year my mommy and I decided we would continue our tradition. Making a gingerbread house without Amber just wasn't the same this year, but mommy and I know she was sitting right there with us.

The makings of a gingerbread house.


Candy!!! The colored twizzlers are fantabulous!!


Me hard at work. This is serious business!


The finished product.







Sissy, I hope we made you proud!!
We miss you SO much!
Merry Christmas in Heaven!!

Love,  Squirt

2 comments:

  1. Now this has brought a tear to my eye....am so proud that you and your mother continued this family tradition....Amber would be so proud of you both.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete