Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Ultimate Christmas Gift

I truly believe the reason for the season is the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Christmas is a celebration of his birth! Because Jesus was born and then died on the cross for our sins, we will spend eternity in Heaven.  Now that is the ultimate Christmas gift!  Who could possibly ask for more?

As a Christian, I believe it is my responsibility to share the love of Jesus.  Christmas is a perfect time to do so! This year my fiancee, my best friend, and I each participated in the Angel Tree Program through our church.  Our job was to provide two children (a brother and sister) with a fabulous Christmas.  While Christmas isn't about extravagant gifts, it is about the extravagant love of God!  Providing these children with some items from their wish lists demonstrates love and generosity!  I hope these children wake up on Christmas morning filled with excitement knowing that someone truly cares for them, loves them, and is praying for their salvation.

The fabulous spread of gifts!!


All packaged up and ready to head to church for drop off!


Merry Christmas!  Remember it's not too late to be a child's angel!
 

1 comment: