Monday, November 30, 2009

The First Thanksgiving

My first Thanksgiving without her.



My first Thanksgiving with him.

 

My heart deeply grieves for the loss of my sister.
My heart is truly grateful for the presence of my fiancee.

I rejoice for the years that I had with her.
I rejoice for the years that I will spend with him.

I savor the sweet precious memories of her.
I am excited to make lasting memories with him.

There is a place in my heart that belongs only to her.
There is a place in my heart that only he completes.

I thank God that He chose me to be her sister.
I thank God that He chose me to be his wife.

Two vastly different emotions raging inside of
one person's heart at
one time because of
two amazing people who have forever changed my life.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! You were a wonderful sister to Amber and will be a wonderful wife to Jeremy.
    Oh I miss her sooo much! She changed so many lives and touched so many hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful post :) A wonderful tribute to both! God Bless you as you go forward w/both grief and excitement in your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer this is beautiful, may you only know hapiness from this day forward....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete