Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sacred Ground

When most girls want to talk with their sister, they have the convenience of calling her on the phone, meeting for lunch or dinner, or visiting one another at home.  Unfortunately, I no longer have this luxury.  When I need quality time with my sister, I have to go to one place.



What a harsh, cold, cruel reality.  This is my reality.

On Monday, I decided I needed some quality time with Amber.  I took my blanket, sat next to her grave, and shared my joys, fears, happiness, sadness, and tears.  I am sure people thought I was crazy as they drove past the cemetery and saw some poor girl sitting next to a grave crying for nearly an hour.  But, this is my reality.

I know without a doubt that Amber is in Heaven resting in the arms of our gracious Heavenly Father. 

I know without a doubt that I will see her again someday.

I know without a doubt that God's timing is always perfect.

I know without a doubt that God always knows what's best for each of us.

I know without a doubt God heals the brokenhearted. 

I know without a doubt that the pain of losing Amber is almost unbearable.

I know without a doubt that I miss her more everyday. 

I know without a doubt that there is peace and comfort at Amber's grave. 

I know without a doubt that her grave is a little piece of Heaven, precious sacred ground.



Sissy, I love you and miss you more than words could say!!
I can't wait to see you again someday!



3 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing person, and I admire and am encouraged by your faith and strength. I hope the time you spend there is therapeutic, and I hope you know she hears your every word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby this is precious! I miss her sooo much. My heart will never be the same either. Amber was such a sweet beautiful loving sister to you and you to her. I love you both so much!
    Love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from your Mom's blog.
    I am so sorry for your pain.
    What I do know is Amber is a guiding Angel now; for your entire family. She is with you always and forever...
    Blessings, Misha

    ReplyDelete